MAKE A #votelocal
PLAN FOR December 5th
On December 5, 2017 we will vote for the races in the runoff election. Those races are: Mayor; City Council President; City Council Districts 4, 9, and 11; and School Board Districts 2, 3, 5, and 7. Getting to the polls and voting is the only way to make sure your voice is heard, so let's get you to the polls!
Before you head to the polls, get familiar with the candidates in the runoff, their qualifications and their ideas for the future of our city.
Here are a few easy ways to get started:
- Start with this short, completely-unscientific Buzzfeed quiz — pulled from REAL questions with REAL answers: http://bit.ly/atlmayorquiz
- Watch a quick video - it takes 5 minutes or less!
- Listen to a 90 minute, in-depth interview
- Read their response to our mayoral job application
- Watch what they said at our forum
The best way to make sure you get to the polls is to make a plan for the when, where and how.
- Don't feel like going to the polls? Vote from home with an absentee ballot.
- Request an absentee ballot using our postcard here.
- Fully complete and sign your ballot when it arrives, including the ballot envelope and oath!
- Find where to mail your ballot by going to: http://bit.ly/mailballots
- Find an early voting location
Don't feel like voting by mail or voting early? Then just head to the polls on December 5th.
Voting is more fun with friends!
Help us get more Atlantans to the polls for the runoff by pledging to get yourself and 3 friends to vote! Pledge to vote on Election Day, December 5th.
1. Find 3 of your friends who will also vote.
2. Make sure you and your friends are prepped and ready using the VoteLocal tools.
3. Make sure you take a pic of your voting stickers and #postthepeach with the additional #voteATL tag!
Head to the polls! But not just any poll. Follow the directions below to make sure your vote counts!
- Find YOUR polling location at www.mvp.sos.ga.gov - you can only vote at your assigned precinct!
- Grab your photo ID. Make sure it's from the approved list available here.
- Decide on a time to go vote –– before work, after work, at lunch? Polling locations are open from 7:00am to 8:00pm.
Share this page with your friends, family and coworkers! And don't forget to post on social media and let people know they need to #VOTELOCAL.
- Remind your friends, family, neighbors and anyone else you know to #VOTELOCAL on
Tuesday, December 5th!
- Finished voting? NO SELFIES IN THE VOTING BOOTH - but you can snap a pic of you and that awesome peach sticker and tag it with #postthepeach and #voteATL so we can re-post it on our social media!